Thank you for visiting our website. Please read this Privacy Notice before using our website or submitting any personal data.
This Privacy Notice sets out the data processing practices carried out through the use of the Internet and any other electronic communications networks by Nestlé S.A.
If you have any requests concerning your personal data or any queries with regard to these practices please contact Webmaster, Nestlé S.A., avenue Nestlé 55, 1800 Vevey, Switzerland. at email@example.com.
Data Collection and Intended Use
In our website, we collect two (2) types of data about users:
- Active data (such as name, mail address, e-mail address, telephone/fax numbers, credit card details, password, etc.) when voluntarily submitted by visitors for registration, contests, on-line order placement, etc.; and
- Passive data (such as browser type, IP address, page reference, etc.)
From time to time, we may ask our site visitors to answer survey questions. Surveys generally deal with the site, our products or categories of products. We may ask for age or age ranges, gender, and other non-personally identifiable data. No personally identifiable data is requested and the data collected is not tied to any personally identifiable data that may have been previously provided. Data gathered from polls and surveys are only for internal use by the Nestlé Group, but aggregate data may be shared with others.
- The data controller collecting the personal data described herein is Nestlé S.A
- The personal data submitted by you are used only for the express purposes stated at the location where you provide it, i.e., in order to receive press releases, management reports or other financial data or processing an application for employment. We will not use personally identifiable data for direct marketing or unsolicited follow-up unless you have given us your express permission for such use.
We will use your personally identifiable data only for business purposes within the Nestlé Group which may include its communication to our affiliates and subsidiaries. We do not share personally identifiable data collected at this site with third parties except for the limited instances set out below. The exceptions are:
- We may transfer your personal data to our partner agencies (service providers) who assist us in administering the site(s). They can only use the data for the purposes of maintaining our site. These partner agencies are bound by a contractual agreement to keep your data private and secure.
- We may also disclose personal data if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights of the Nestlé Group, its customers and the public.
- In the event of an acquisition of all or part of Nestlé by another company, or in the event that Nestlé were to sell or dispose of all or a part of the Nestlé business, the acquirer would have access to the data maintained by that Nestlé business, which could include personal data, subject to applicable law. Similarly, data may be transferred as part of a reorganization (Business merging) or insolvency proceedings.
The server that makes this website available may be located outside the country from which you accessed this website. We will collect, process and use personal data only in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Process of personal data (such as user-ID, password, credit card number, etc.) may be mandatory for the purposes of consultation, modification or deletion of your personal data and/or of the online services offered by this website.
One Time Registration
In order to make the registration process easier, we use one time registration tool across many Nestlé web sites. With this, when you register with our website, the data can be automatically made available to you for registering at another Nestlé site(s). All your personal data are protected and you still must Opt-In to receive data from Nestlé website(s) before you are added to our mailing list.
Data Security, Acessing, Deleting or Correcting Data
You can consult, revise, correct or delete your personal data by sending us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to: Webmaster, Nestlé S.A., avenue Nestlé 55, 1800 Vevey, Switzerland.
Your personal data are kept secure. Only authorized Nestlé staff, affiliated companies staff, third party agents or our business partners (who have agreed to keep the data secure) have access to your personal data.
Tracking Technology ('Cookies')
We do make use of tracking technology ('Cookies') to gather such data as browser type and operating system, metrics, geographical location, and understanding how visitors use this website. Cookies also help us tailor this website to your personal needs. This data will not be disclosed outside the Nestlé Group, affiliated companies, third party agents, or business partners and will not be used for unsolicited communication.
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser, although you may not be able to take full advantage of some website features if you do so. You do not need to have cookies turned on, however, to use or navigate through many parts of our website.
Some of our websites may provide you with the opportunity to email a web page to another person. For this feature to work, we may need to collect your email addresses and/or the email addresses of those to whom you send the web page. The email address collected in this context are not used for any other purpose other than to send your request. These email addresses are not stored and are deleted immediately after your request is fulfilled.
We do not practice "spamming". Spamming is where unsolicited e-mails are sent to recipients containing advertisement or marketing related materials without the prior consent of the recipient.
The data collected through this website is kept secure for as long as it is necessary taking into consideration the purpose for which it is collected before being destroyed.
We believe that it is highly important to protect the privacy of children online and encourage parents or guardians to spend time online with the children to participate and monitor their e-activities.
We do not collect personal data from children under the age of 16, except on some of our children's websites, in which case we will collect such data in accordance with local laws and regulations applicable to the privacy of children. If parents or guardians provide consent for the child to submit personal data, we ask children only for the data necessary to participate in the program for which the child is registering.
Special note to Children under the age of 16
If you are under the age of 16, you should consult your parent or guardian BEFORE giving out your personal data. If you are uncertain about anything written in this section, you should consult your parent or guardian for help.
Special note to Parents of Children under the age of 16
We recommend that parents/guardians regularly check and monitor your children's use of email and other on-line activities.
Please be sure to inform your child not to provide personally identifiable data on-line, prior to obtaining your consent.
All visitors under the age of 16, will be asked to supply a parent's or guardian's e-mail address. This is so that we can forward to the parents or guardians a copy of every e-mail we send to children.
You can, at any point of time review your child's personal data and have it modified or deleted online. Alternatively, you can also ask us to delete any of your child's data by sending us a deletion request by e-mail/postal mail/ fax to the address given in contact details set out in the "Data Security, Accessing, Deleting or Correcting Data" section.
Privacy Notice Updates
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this Privacy Notice. It is the responsibility of visitors to this website to refer to this page from time to time to review any subsequent amendments.
By browsing this website, communicating electronically with us and submitting your personal data to this website, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way and to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland. You agree to submit any dispute arising out of your use of this website to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Switzerland.